Did Windows 11 2022 update Stuck download hours or its fails to install with Download error – 0x800f0806? Here are some of the best fixes apply to get the Windows 11 22H2 right way
Microsoft rollout the first feature update windows 11 version 22H2 for compatible devices with a number of new features and security improvements to enhance the operating system’s overall experience. The latest windows 11 2022 update is available as an optional update for compatible devices running an older version of windows 11 or Windows 10 version 2004 and later. And you need to click on the download & install button on windows update to get the windows 11 2022 update installed on your device. Overall it’s easy to install or upgrade Windows 11 version 22H2 but few users report Windows 11 22H2 update not installing or throws ‘Download error – 0x800f0806’ message.
There are multiple reasons that may prevent installing the windows 11 2022 update on your device. Here in this post, we have different solutions apply to fix if windows 11 version 22H2 failed to install or stuck download.
Why does the windows 11 22H2 update fail?
Lake of storage space, Internet connectivity issues, corrupted system files, a bug in an earlier version or security software prevent make any changes on windows 11 are some common reasons why the windows 11 2022 update fail to install.
Running the windows update troubleshooter, restart the update service, reset windows update cache, disable Antivirus or repair corrupted system files using DISM and SFC command help fix most of the windows update problems and allows upgrade windows 11 version 22H2 without any error.
Windows 11 version 22H2 failed to install
Most of the time Restart Your Computer refresh the operating system and clear temporary glitches that may prevent the windows 11 22H2 upgrade.
Next, Unplug external devices such as printers or scanners (except keyboard and mouse) and reboot your PC. Now check for updates and try to install the windows 11 2022 update. This could fix the problem if hardware or driver conflict prevents the windows 11 22H2 upgrade.
Also, make sure enough Free space on system drive (usually the C Drive) to download windows 11 22H2 update files on local storage before install or apply. It’s recommended to free up 5 to 10 GB of storage space before apply a big update, to do so you can move some large files to an external disk or remove unused programs or files.
One of the most common causes of failed Windows 11 updates is a lack of drive space.
Clean boot windows 11 and try to install the feature update version 22H2, which helps fix the problem if third-party program or service conflict causes the windows 11 2022 update fail to install or stuck download.
Check Internet connection
This is very important if the windows update stuck download or fail to install with different errors. You need a stable internet connection to download windows 11 2022 update files from the Microsoft server. You can check your internet download or upload speed here https://www.speedtest.net/
In addition Press, the windows key + R, type ping google.com -t and click ok, check if you are continuously getting replays from Google.com. If the ping reply breaks you need to troubleshoot your internet connection.
If your device is connected to a virtual private network (VPN) then disconnect it and temporarily disable or uninstall third-party antivirus on your device. Now open windows update and click on Download & install button next to windows 11 version 22H2 is available.
Use the Windows 11 update troubleshooting tool
With Windows 11 Microsoft includes a build in update troubleshooter app that can help fix a lot of windows update problems, include Feature update windows 11 version 22h2 failed to install. Let’s run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and let Windows address any issues preventing updates from downloading or installing.
- Press Windows key + X and select settings,
- Go to the system then Troubleshoot, and click on other troubleshooters,
- This displays list of available troubleshooters, locate windows update and click Run next to it.
- This will begin to detect and fix if any problems present there and prevent upgrade windows 11 22H2 on your computer.
- You should wait patiently until the whole process ends.
Once the troubleshooting process completes, restart your PC and try to upgrade the windows 11 22H2 update again.
Repair Corrupt Windows Update Components
If the windows update troubleshooter fails to fix the problem and still windows 11 2022 update is stuck download or fails to install with a different error then manually Repair Corrupt Windows Update Components probably fix the problem for you.
To do so first we have to stop windows update and its related services, then clear windows update cache files and force windows update to download fresh files from the Microsoft server.
Step 1: Stop Windows Update Service
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc to open the windows service console
- Scroll down and locate the windows update service, right-click on it select stop,
Step 2: Clear Windows Update Cache
- Now press the windows key + E to open file explorer, and navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download,
- Here delete all files and folders inside the download folder, to do so press the Windows key + A to select all and hit Del key,
- Don’t worry about these files, when you next time check for updates it will download fresh files from the Microsoft server.
Step: 3 Restart Windows Update Service
- Open Services again using services.msc
- Find Windows Update and right-click it. Then, select Start.
Now again open settings then windows update, and click download and install next to windows 11 22H2 update available. Check if this time the feature update downloads and install successfully, once done reboot your PC to apply the changes.
Run System File Checker
If the system files on your PC get corrupted or lost unexpectedly, you may experience different problems or windows update stuck download or fails to install. To rule out this possibility, we recommend run DISM restore health and SFC command to repair the damaged system files or restore the missing system files.
First Open Command Prompt as administrator on your Windows 11 computer. To do so,
- Press Windows key + S type cmd, right click on command prompt and select run as administrator,
- Click yes if User Account Control (UAC) prompts for permission,
- First, run the DISM command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth that repairs the system image, and let the scanning process complete 100%
- Next, run the system file checker command sfc /scannow that scan and repair the damaged system files or restore them with the correct one.
Again the scanning process may take some time, let it complete 100% and reboot your computer. Now open settings then windows update and try to upgrade to Windows 11 version 22H2 again.
Switch to Google DNS
Some users report changing the DNS server address on their computer helps them fix the windows update problem. It’s a very useful solution if the windows 11 version 22H2 update is stuck downloading.
- Press Windows key + R, type ncpa.cpl and click ok to open network settings,
- Locate the active network adapter (WiFi or Ethernet) right click on it select properties,
- Select Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/ IPv4) then click on properties,
- Here select the radio button use the following DNS server address, set Preferred DNS server 220.127.116.11 and Alternate DNS server 18.104.22.168
Click ok then apply and ok to save changes, Now check for windows updates again.
Use Windows 11 Installation Assistant
Still need help, it’s time to use the official Windows 11 Installation Assistant that automatically check your system for compatibility issues and helps upgrade windows 11 version 22H2 without any error.
First, visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows11 and Download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant,
- Open the installer tool, click yes if UAC prompt for permission, Read the Microsoft license terms click on Accept and Install button.
- This will start downloading Windows 11 necessary files, automatically verify and install them on your computer.
- Once done your computer will automatically restart after 30 minutes Or you have the option to Click on ‘Restart now.
- This will automatically do the rest of the process, you only have to wait a few minutes to get the windows 11 version 22H2 desktop screen.
Also, you can refer below video explains how to upgrade windows 11 using the Installation Assistant.
Did the above solutions help fix Windows 11 version 22H2 upgrade error? Let us know on the comments below.
- How to Download the Official Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft
- Windows 11 version 22H2 released! Here is how to Get it now
- How to Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 11 for FREE (Without Data loss)
- How to Reset Windows 11 password without any software
- 3 ways to Factory Reset windows 11 without losing data