Is the Feature update to Windows 10 version 22H2 download stuck at a certain percentage or failed to install? Here How to fix Windows update installation problems
Finally, Microsoft has released the Windows 10 Version 22H2 update for everyone. Microsoft’s latest feature update is a huge release with a slew of improvements and a few new features for everyone. While the update will be listed as available for your PC on the Windows Update page but it won’t install automatically until you click on the download install link. Well overall the installation is like a regular windows update installation, but few users report the download is stuck at a certain percentage. Even if they leave it for an hour or two, it may still show a constant figure such as 0% or 33% in some cases.
Windows 10 22H2 update stuck at downloading
Feature update to Windows 10 version 22H2 download is stuck at a certain percentage such as 0% or 33%. It can be due to a simple overloaded physical memory. Sometimes it’s because of software conflict or a preexisting problem that wasn’t visible until the Windows Updates initiated. Or the update database may get corrupted, which may be causing the windows Update stuck. Here are some solutions you may apply to fix when Windows 10 feature Update stuck at downloading.
Things to check First
If the upgrade Process is Stuck While Downloading or installing updates.
- Make sure you have enough disk space to download the updates
- Have a Good Stable Internet connection To Download the Update files from Microsoft Server.
- Check if Any Security Software not causing the issue, Or completely uninstall the antivirus program or any other security program from your system.
- Disconnect from VPN if configured on your Device.
Restart the windows update service
Check Windows update service and its related services (BITS, Superfetch) are on running state.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok
- This will open the windows services console,
- Scroll down and locate the Windows update service
- Here check and start these services (if not running).
Also, incorrect regional settings cause Windows update Failure. Make sure your Regional and language settings are correct.
You Can Check and Correct Them From Settings -> Time & Language -> Select Region & Language from options on left. Here Verify your Country/Region is correct from the drop-down list.
Perform a clean boot and check for updates, which may fix the problem if any third-party application or service causes the windows Update stuck.
Run Windows Update troubleshooter
Microsoft Released an Official update troubleshooting tool, which helps to check and fix Windows update Related problems itself. You Can Run the windows update Troubleshooter following the steps below.
- Open Windows Settings using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Go to Update & Security then Troubleshoot.
- Here select windows update and Run The Troubleshooter (refer to the image below), and follow on-screen instructions.
The troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates. After completing, the process restarts windows and again manually Check for Updates. Running the troubleshooter should hopefully clear up the problems causing Windows Update to get stuck.
Reset windows update components
If running the windows update troubleshooter didn’t fix the problem. Simply try to reset the windows update components that fix most of the windows update download and installation problems.
- To do this press Windows + R, type services.msc and click ok to open window services.
- Here scroll down and stop the windows update service
- Now Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\download.
- Here Delete all the files inside the download folder.
Open windows services again (services.msc) and restart the windows update services that you stopped previously. That’s all Now close everything and check for updates from Settings -> update & security -> windows update -> check for update. I am sure this time you get succeed, without any problem or update stuck.
Run DISM and SFC utility
Again, sometimes corrupted system files cause windows 10 updates to stuck downloading. Run the system file checker which scans and restores missing corrupted system files. If found the utility will restore them from a special folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. Wait until 100% complete the scanning process, Then After Restart windows and check for updates. If SFC Utility Scan Results found corrupted files but unable to fix then Run DISM Tool Which enables SFC Utility to Do its job.
If all the above methods failed to fix the issue, and Windows 10 Update 22H2 failed to install, stuck downloading the update, then use an official media creation tool or Upgrade Assistant to upgrade to windows 10 22H2 smoothly. Or You Can Download Windows 10 ISO File for manual upgrade or Perform a Clean Installation of the windows 10 version 22H2 Update.
- How to fix windows update when it gets stuck at 0 percent or 100
- How to Download and install iTunes for windows 10
- Microsoft Edge not Responding, and Slow Performance after windows 10 update
- 15 Tips to Optimize Windows 10 22H2 for better performance
- Solved: Windows 10 Sandbox, no hypervisor was found (0xc0351000)